Sponsored by the
The Good Vibrations National Conference 2023!
October 14th & 15th 2023
Maritime Conference Center/Baltimore, Maryland
Click the link below for all the info:
Reflexology for Trauma, Addiction & Recovery Workshop Registration
September 23-24, 2023
Offering 14 ARCB & NCBTMB CE’s
Two-Day In Person Workshop with Chantel C. Lucier, NBCR, RMT, CMT, NCREd
Reflexology for Trauma, Addiction, and Recovery with Chantel C. Lucier, NBCR, RMT, NCREd
Join us in welcoming Chantel C. Lucier, who will be sharing her unique and very personal approach to how to best support clients struggling with trauma and addiction, and also tend to one’s own history and experience of trauma and addiction using reflexology and what Chantel refers to as a No-Mind Approach and a Compassionate Intake Process. All of Chantel’s classes aim to teach wellness professionals and the everyday person how to sit in the spaciousness of healing and not in the dis-ease. Chantel is dedicated to educating and empowering the individual towards greater connection to themselves, each other, and their community. We look forward to having her here in Ohio sharing this very important subject which affects us all.
Date: September 23-24, 2023
Time: 9-5 pm daily
Where: Columbus, Ohio (Courtyard Marriott/Worthington)
IMPORTANT: BEFORE SUBMITTING PAYMENT, READ THIS FIRST. YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A MEMBER DISCOUNT! 🙂
If you are a current member of ANY state reflexology association you are eligible for the “Member” rate. To qualify for this discount, choose the member button for payment and if you are a state member other than Ohio, send a copy of your current association membership to email@example.com. Refunds will not be given, so if you have any doubt or confusion, please contact us first at the above email so we can help you register.
Reflexology for Trauma, Addiction, and Recovery
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Chantel’s 2-day reflexology workshop is comprised of three segments that utilize lecture, demonstration, and hands-on practice. The three segments that make up the workshop are:
· The No-Mind Approach to Wellness (a Guide for Releasing the Diagnosis in Sessions)
· A Compassionate Intake Process to Assess and Address the Emotional Underbelly of the Client’s Discomfort &/or Dis-ease
· Reflexology Protocols for Trauma, Addiction, & Recovery
Adopting what Chantel calls “The No-Mind Approach to Wellness” during a session helps the practitioner to release judgment and the need to control or fix the client. It also creates an opportunity for the client to release what they too may be holding onto since their diagnosis. This, in turn, creates a more conducive environment for the client’s healing process. In addition, students will learn to cultivate a thorough and compassionate intake process. Because injury, illness, discomfort, and disease are not always what they seem, students will learn tools to assess and address not only the symptoms but also what may lie beneath the surface. The root cause—or what Chantel refers to as the emotional underbelly of the injury, illness, or disease—will be explored. This combination of releasing the dis-ease (or diagnosis), and using the No-Mind Approach, coupled with addressing the origin of the dis-ease, provides a solid routine for the practitioner to follow.
In the third segment, students will learn:
· Anatomy and physiology of the brain and the areas, structures, and glands that play a role in thought processes, habitual negative thought patterns, and dissociative and detachment disorders and tendencies.
– Specific attention will be paid to the amygdala, hippocampus, hypothalamus, thalamus, basal ganglia, and pituitary gland. Also, an understanding of the role of the limbic system versus the prefrontal cortex and how to address these areas via the mini reflexology map in our hands and feet.
· Areas of the body that may show symptoms, pain, or imbalances in those who have experienced trauma and for those with active or past alcoholic or addictive behaviors.
· Which structures, glands, and areas of the brain require detailed work for trauma and addiction.
· The HPA axis and the target organs, glands, or systems affected by the trauma &/or addiction from a reflexology perspective.
· The neurological system and how reflexology works via this system, directly related to how we receive internal and external stimuli.
· Reflexology protocols to address trauma and addiction and how they may vary depending on the type of trauma or addition (e.g., opioid, alcohol, nicotine, marijuana, or stimulants).
· Self-care tools to use and impart to clients for maintenance and recovery.
These three segments aim to bring unity to the reflexology session by:
· Releasing our ideas of what the client needs.
· Suspending our judgment of the client or diagnosis.
· Learning how to retrieve information using a compassionate intake process.
· Understanding trauma, subtle energy, and how to create safe spaces for the client.
· Asking the right questions to target the underbelly of the dis-ease and empowering the client to discover the answers on their own.
· Aligning our energetic body to best serve our client.
· Having a rich understanding of the nervous system and the Bodymind in order to best address a client’s concerns.
In all segments, students will cultivate their heart space and enter what Chantel refers to as the “back body” to nurture good listening skills, heart-centered responses, and effective session. STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
· Reflexology techniques and methods.
· Anatomy and physiology of the brain.
· The parts of the brain responsible for mood, addictive behavior, and emotional processing.
· Reflexology protocols for trauma, addiction, and recovery.
· Specific reflexology methods and techniques for a detailed and integrative session.
· How to evaluate and assess the client using a compassionate intake process to best address the emotional underbelly of what is underneath the symptom &/or diagnosis.
SCHEDULE AND HOURS DEFINED: This 16-hour, 2-day weekend workshop will have 14 educational hours recognized by the ARCB and NCBTMB. Lunch breaks and out of classroom
assignments are not included. REGISTRATION: This workshop is open to all levels. While some techniques are advanced, Chantel’s approach makes the content, methods, and techniques easily accessible to all.
Date: Saturday-Sunday, September 23-24, 2023
Time: 9-5 daily
Location: Columbus, Ohio (hotel &/or conference space TBA)
NOTE: All guests of the hotel will receive a family discount. Simply mention you are with the Reflexology Association of Ohio event. Call the hotel to make your reservation for your room. Be sure to tell them you are with the Reflexology Association of Ohio for your discounted price of $139. To book a room at the RAO rate, click the link below or call the Courtyard Marriott Columbus, Ohio.
Make your reservation here: https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1685628762340&key=GRP
Course cost (Early bird): Members: $325 / Non-Members: $375
Course cost (after August 13th): $375 / Non-Members $425
Hours: 14 CEs (approved by ARCB and the NCBTMB)
SPACE IS LIMITED
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!
Chantel C. Lucier, NBCR, RMT, CMT, NCREd is a national board-certified reflexology practitioner, a national board-certified reflexology educator, a reiki master teacher in the Usui and Tibetan lineages and the creator and author of intuitive reiki: an integrative approach. She is a certified massage therapist, certified foot reading practitioner, certified in Mudra therapy, and has completed training for screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment for identifying substance use disorders.
Chantel is the Liaison Director for Reflexology Education and Vice President of the Reflexology Association of California (RAC), Board Director of The National Council for Reflexology Educators (NCRE) and an approved CE Provider with ARCB and NCBTMB.
Chantel has written and been featured in various articles, videos, books, and blogs on self-healing and DIY techniques in reflexology. She offers videos on YouTube and Facebook lives at Self-Care With Chantel. Chantel is the author of Intuitive Reiki: An Integrative Approach, which is available on Amazon. This book serves as the manual for her self-paced Intuitive Reiki Program that provides 24 ARCB CEs. She is also the author of the Something New Every Day series.
To know more about Chantel, visit: TheAtHomeExperience.com.